Workers Compensation Treatment Greenville, SC
Workers Compensation Treatment Greenville, SC: Although it is inevitable that accidents will happen, under South Carolina law, an employer is still responsible for keeping the work environment safe for all staff members. This includes preventing accidents that may result in slips, falls, chemical burns, injuries from faulty equipment or machinery, or injuries from hazardous work conditions, lenient safety regulations, or the carelessness of fellow workers.
Here are some of the most common work injuries that occur:
- Falling Injuries. People who work on elevated surfaces or on ladders have a risk of fall injury if they don’t have the right safety equipment. Even if you’re not in a job that works on elevated surfaces, you could fall down stairs that are uneven or if there was a slippery spot that wasn’t marked.
- Tripping Injuries. Messy floors or unorganized wires could trip anyone who thought the floor was clear.
- Reaction Injuries. Sometimes, when we’re about to fall we catch ourselves and prevent the fall. However, that might make you strain or hurt your muscles because you’re making harsh, sudden movements.
- Contact Injuries. You can have some very serious head injuries when objects fall from shelves or someone drops something.
- Machine Injuries. Factory workers are at risk of machine-related injuries. Pieces of clothing, hair, or shoes that aren’t properly secured can get caught in the equipment and could lead to potentially traumatic injuries.
- Burn Injuries. If you work around chemicals, machines, or wires, you could possibly get a burn if safety precautions aren’t followed. Burn injuries can still occur in other workplaces, too.